05 March 2012

An Interesting Parallel

As a young man, I put my faith and trust in Jesus Christ and experienced the joy of salvation. All seemed wonderful until I started talking about it; it made some uncomfortable, convicted others, caused some to view me as a nut job; I was ridiculed and I lost several friends. However the reward has been great and those who share in this joy understand.

I find myself in an interesting parallel today: I have always believed in liberty - what our founders describe in this nation's early documents. I have become much more aware in recent years and know that life in this country would be unrecognizable to those who founded it. I further educated myself in the principles of liberty; I am a libertarian. It all seems wonderful until I start talking about it; it makes some uncomfortable, convicts others, causes some to view me as a nut job; I am ridiculed and I lose friends because of my beliefs. However the reward is great and those who share in this joy understand.

Nothing worthwhile is easy or convenient; truth, justice and liberty come at a price. If we are not willing to pay it, we are not worthy of it.

© the stiff lizard

No comments:

Post a Comment